Veg-Biryani Is the most popular dish in India. Mostly people like Chicken Biryani but those people who are vegetarian and don’t want to eat Chicken Biryani, they can prepare this Veg-Biryani. It is very easy to made and prepare in less time. This dish is also good for those people and student who are living single and living far away from their family and have less time for cooking.
Ingredients For Making Veg-Biryani
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Mixed vegetables, chopped – 1 cup (potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, beans, peas, etc.)
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Curd – 1 tablespoon (optional)
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cardamom / Elaichi – 2
Cloves – 2
Bay leaf – 1
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon(optional)
Oil / Ghee – 3 tablespoon(or a little less, because mine came out a bit too oily)
For Spice Paste
Coconut – 2 teaspoon(optional)
Green peppers – 3, adjust to taste
Cinnamon – 1 piece
Ginger – 1 little piece
Garlic – 1 teaspoon, ground paste
How to Make Veg-Biryani
1. Wash and soak the rice for about 15 minutes. Cook in an open pot with 3 cups of water until the rice is cooked yet firm. Alternatively, you can cook under the pressure of a whistle with a cup of water.
2. Grind the ingredients for the spice paste by adding very little water. Meanwhile, cook the chopped vegetables in enough water until they are still cooked.
3. Heat the oil /ghee and roast the seeds of fennel, cardamom, clove, and bay leaf for about 30 seconds. Then add the onions and fry until it turns pink and translucent.
4. Add the semi-cooked vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the spicy pasta on the ground and saute until the raw odors leave. This should not exceed 5 minutes.
5. Then add the curd (if used), red chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
6. Turn off the heat. Add the cooked rice and mix gently until well blended.
Serve hot with raita, papad, and pickles.
Princeware Plastic Storage Container Set, 8-Pieces, Pink