Lauki Halwa is one of the best sweet and healthy dish which we mostly consumed in fast. While fasting we have limited dishes to eat and after eating it we get the great taste and feel healthy also. By Reading this Lauki Halwa Recipe you can make this halwa anytime, for a meeting or on a special occasion also. Although you do not have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy this sweet as it can be prepared at home very instant and no expert cooking skill is required. The use of milk and nuts takes its flavor and texture to the next level.
Lauki/Dudhi halwa is a sweet Indian dessert made from Lauki/Dudhi(Bottle Squash) and have a super delicious taste. Lauki or bottle squash is rare to have vegetables but takes the lead in making desserts. This Lauki halwa is so delicious and easy you will enjoy doing at any time of the year!
INGREDIENTS Of Lauki Halwa Recipe
. measuring cup, 1 cup = 250 ml
• 3-3 ½ cups grated dudhi or grated Lauki (bottle squash)
• 500 ml of boiled milk
• sugar 7-8 tablespoons
• 3-4 tablespoons of Desi Ghee
• 4-5 Powder Green Cardamoms
• ¼ cup chopped cashews
• ¼ cup chopped almonds
Method of preparation:
1. Take a deep pan and pour the milk and grated Lauki inside.
2. Keep the flame high and boil.
3. Mix the flame and let it cook. Maintain or keep stirring to avoid burning.
4. Let the mixture reduce by three-quarters of the initial amount, i.e the mixture will be cooked and the milk will be reduced to 75%.
5. Then add the cashews, cardamom powder, and reduced mixture almonds.
6. Check all the milk that has been absorbed by the Lauki and the rest has evaporated, then add desi ghee in it and cook for another minute.
7. Now add sugar and stir to blend.
8. Continue stirring when the sugar is melted and the mixture becomes a little liquid. Cook for a few minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
9. Decorate with more dried fruit and follow the hot halwa for a better flavor.